Mon 13 Sep 2010
Fri 13 Aug 2010
1. It’s busy season at work. The good news is, we were voted one of the best places to work in L.A. Some who work here are dubious, but most of those people have never worked in the private sector and don’t realize how bad things can get.
2. Last Saturday my friends and I prepared a picnic dinner and drove off to San Pedro to see Shakespeare in the park. None of us had checked the website for months. The venue had been changed because the city wanted to host “The Taste of San Pedro” in that particular park. We drove home, built a fire in my fire pit, and ate our picnic in the backyard. It actually turned out to be quite a pleasant evening. Once we learned to never build a fire with paper and green kindling and turned on the fan to blow the smoke away from the picnic table and us. “Hey, it’s Shakespeare for Dummies!” I said. I smelt smoke for days afterwards.
3. Maybe I should write erotica full time. Then again, it’s so boring.
4. Min has taken to sleeping on the pillow next to me. I turn over in the night and get a faceful of cat and an indignant “Meow!” So of course I turn over on the other side so as not to crowd her.
5. I got really good results on my last blood test so I’ve spent the entire week doing all the things I had to give up in order to improve my blood test. Penance will begin on Monday. But first there will be ice cream!